Friday Links are a round-up of my favorite posts/videos/projects/photos from around the web.
This was my first week back at work after some much needed time off. It was so, so nice to disconnect for a few days, and it was super hard to get back into a groove this week. This weekend we have no plans (yay!), so I’m looking forward to rest, Netflix, and putting this week behind me. And watching the Golden Globes, of course. I love award shows! I’ll be live tweeting the red carpet, too (@sarahgmears). Hope you all have a nice and relaxing weekend!
Happy 2015, friends! XO
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- This list of the best blog posts/videos/interviews of 2014 from Rachel Held Evans. There are some fantastic pieces on this list—my favorites include “Open Letter to the Child I Hit at the Park” and “The Promise of Shared Brokenness.”
- This post from Sarah Bessey inspired me to choose my own word for 2015. I love what she’s getting at here—finding God in the daily and the ordinary and the in-between, which is also sacred and beautiful and holy. God meets us where we are, and we can hold fast to that truth and that promise.
- This touching article about Stuart Scott, a true inspiration and an incredible Tar Heel, who died this past Sunday.
- This hilarious Bachelor preview from Grantland—some of these women are absolutely nuts (which of course makes for some excellent television!).
- This lovely and inspirational post from Shauna Niequist about not saving the good stuff for a special occasion and really enjoying the gifts others have given to us. I LOVED this post and needed to hear it. Open the jam, the journal, the wine. Slather that fancy lotion all over your feet. Put on those fancy earrings even if you’re just going to the grocery store. Because someone gave them to you out of love. Accept that love. Burn the candles.